Welcome to the SOBs Website!
NEXT GAME: First game V Priest Valley Vicars on Sep 10th, remaining schedule to be added shortly.
EVENT: Americas Masters Aug 29, 31 and sep 2nd
Bayside Sharks Rugby BAYSIDE CLUB HOUSE UPDATE
1) Public washrooms removed from north side/top storey. A single, unisex, handicap accessible washroom would instead be developed underneath the space created by the stairway at the south end of the building. When we looked at players having washrooms and guests attending functions at the club room having washrooms, we decided to just provide one washroom. We would prefer to provide more but the budget has to be considered so that was dropped.
2) Dropping the washrooms allowed for a building access on the north side/second storey as long as the kitchen was moved. This allowed us to drop the balcony which was really running up costs. It also solves the issue of viewing through railings etc. Now a large bank of windows which would be much less expensive than the doors, balcony and railing.
3) Kitchen was moved to southwest corner. We did this knowing you need a service window and the club feels the south entrance is the most frequently used. The kitchen can be moved again but there needs to be a public entrance/fire exit on the north and south side of the building along with fire exit on west.
4) All of this allowed us to modify the ramp and avoid some costly retaining walls. It also allows the interface with the existing baseball building to be easier to construct.
We do have concerns about the public washrooms being significantly downsized. These washrooms were a major request in our requirements for the club house.
The City has also asked us to review our cash contribution. They are mindful we have met our financial obligation, but would like us to consider adding to our contribution. Additional funds are required due to the drawings and cost survey provided by the new architect and the delays in starting the project.
We have continuously expressed our concerns regarding the delay in starting the construction of the project. We have reminded the City staff they told our membership the project would start in Sep/15.
If you would like express your concerns and assist in putting pressure on the City to begin the project, please feel free to contact the Mayor and any or all of the following City Councillors:
Mayor Linda Hepner: email@example.com
Councillor Tom Gill: TSGill@Surrey.ca
Councillor Bruce Hayne: BruceHayne@Surrey.ca
Councillor Vera LeFranc: Vera.LeFranc@surrey.ca
Councillor Mary Martin: MMartin@surrey.ca
Councillor Mike Starchuk: Mike.Starchuk@surrey.ca
Councillor Barbara Steele: HBSteele@Surrey.ca
Councillor Judy Villeneuve: JAVilleneuve@Surrey.ca
Councillor Dave Woods: Dave.Woods@surrey.ca
* SOBs are looking to host Intl. Over-40 Rugby Sides